Two online sessions from Ithaca College’s Strategic Communication Management Program are now open for enrollment. Ithaca College’s online professional certificate program allows you to take short, online seminars or register in advance for a full six-course certificate. Facilitated by leaders in the field, these online seminars allow you to generate theory and practice among your peers. Discounts are provided to IABC members. All work is online.
Explore an integrative and comprehensive framework for managing internal and external responses to crisis events. As a result of readings, case studies, projects and discussions with the facilitator and one another, you will
- Learn the fundamentals of crisis communication and the essential elements of a crisis communication plan
- Examine case studies demonstrating effective and ineffective responses
- Consider the benefits and challenges of an open communication culture in crisis
- Apply what you learn to a crisis communication project relevant to your work
Instructor Roger D’Aprix, internationally known communication consultant, lecturer and author, has assisted scores of Fortune 500 companies with their communication strategies.
Developing Organizational Knowledge
Organizations hold an immense amount of data, information and knowledge but are often poor stewards of these assets. Knowledge management systems are designed to better identify and use valuable organizational knowledge. In this seminar, you will learn about
- Knowledge assets and knowledge management (KM) systems
- Techniques to help your organization do a better job in developing intangible assets to their fullest potential
Instructor Scott Erickson, Marketing and Law professor at Ithaca College, is co-author of Intelligence in Action (London, 2012).
Course and enrollment information are available on the Ithaca College website. The courses begin February 21 and run through March9. Discounts are available to IABC members.