The Los Angeles Chapter is run entirely by volunteers, and the more people that help, the better our programming and richer the member experience. There are many benefits to volunteering – developing deeper relationships with peers, staying in the game while in transition, gaining experience or skills outside of your career specialty.
Here is our Volunteer List, as of November 2014.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you see something you like!
VP, Finance/ Treasurer – Board Member
- Prepares annual chapter budget in cooperation with president and board
- Keeps financial records and bank accounts for the chapter
- Submits monthly financial reports to the board
- Pays invoices and reimburses board members for chapter expenses
- Prepares end-of-year financial reporting documents to be sent to IABC headquarters
- Detail-oriented, organized, familiarity with budgeting, reporting and general financial management
VP, Technology /Webmaster – Board Member
- Responsible for technology direction and tools
- Website Posting
- Event technology
- Works closely with VP Communications and VP Social Media to coordinate activities
- Familiar with WordPress, Google Docs, Dropbox and other online services
VP, Volunteers – Board Member
- Responsible for finding volunteers
- Coordinate volunteer activities
- Promote volunteerism among our members
- People person
VP, Public Relations – Board Member
- Liaises with other associations and builds relationships to other associations’ board members, panel speakers, thought leaders
- People person
- Making Connections and maintaining relationships
- Willing to attend industry, association events
We anticipate these roles to be multi-functional with some cross-over, for the right candidate we will consider combining responsibilities.
All board positions:
- required to attend board meetings (via GoToMeeting) and events
- Must be an IABC member
- not required to attend board meetings or events