Join us and become part of a worldwide network of fellow professionals who are committed to the highest organizational communication standards. As a 14,000-member not-for-profit association, IABC is a learning community for professionals committed to improving the effectiveness of organizations through strategic communication.
IABC membership entitles you to a wide range of benefits and services and supports IABC’s continuing effort to build a library of communication knowledge that supports the work of members and the profession as a whole.
To learn more about joining IABC, email email@example.com.
Join IABC now
–New / Reinstating Members: $359 ($319 + $40 application fee)
-Renewing Members: $319
For new, reinstating, and renewing professional members, IABC also offers the option to pay your dues in 4 equal installments rather than one lump sum. For details, visit https://www.iabc.com/membership/membership-payment-plan/.
-Students: $49 (No Application/Reinstatement fee)
Student membership – Student memberships are available to full-time students of colleges, universities and other educational institutions as well as part-time students working toward a degree, or a certificate program in Canada, who are not presently working in the communication profession.
Students must apply at least 2 months before your expected date of graduation and provide proof of student status: copy of student ID card AND one of the following:
- Copy/Fax of a recent transcript with name of the institution, name of the student, and a date including the year
- Copy/Fax of a class schedule provided by the Registrar with name of the institution, name of the student, and a date including the year
- Copy/Fax of a receipt for tuition payment with name of the institution, name of the student, and a date including the year.
-Transitional Membership: $192 (Application/Reinstatement fee waived)
Available only to recent graduates (within one year) of a degree program; proof of degree conferral (one of the following) must be submitted with application:
- Dated letter from Registrar on letterhead of an accredited institution stating date of graduation and degree conferred.
- Photocopy of diploma from accredited institution stating degree and date conferred.
- Photocopy of transcript from accredited institution stating graduation date and degree conferred.
-Retired: Please call Member Relations for current rates at 800.776.4222 or +1 415.544.4700.
Individuals who have been professional IABC members for at least five years, are retired from employment in the communications industry, and are at least 55 years of age are eligible for retiree status.